Friday, February 11, 2011

Home Sweet Home

It was a great week seeing my partners/clients and colleagues in Hawaii. We had many productive meetings and Hawaii is a great backdrop to a busy work week.

In the weeks leading up to my Hawaii business trip- I had a hovering worry/stress about how to make time to pump between meetings, storage of milk and also transporting the mother load (as Mark calls it) of milk back home. There were some bumps in the road with my plans but it ended up all working out. All the milk got home safely (cold). I was known as the "ice pack lady" by the time I left my hotel and I think every bellman knew I am breastfeeding!

Many strangers along the way were very helpful and its always refreshing to encounter. My sincere thanks goes out to the sweet TSA guy at the HNL airport who let me slide thru security with unfrozen ice packs. I dont know what the deal was but none of my ice packs would freeze! Therefore were not in the frozen state and subject to no liquids above 3 ounces TSA rule. That was a close call!

Anyway, my reunion with Cooper was very sweet.My flight was delayed but I rushed home for his bath and bedtime. I was thrilled to make it and be back home. He made his wonderful happy/excited noise when I got home. It will be wonderful to spend the weekend together. Being gone surely made me appreciate many things more.

No comments:

Post a Comment